23. Grylle – Les Grandes Compagnies (released April 20, 2019)I love the unique medieval sound to this album. Medieval black metal from France and for France. This is a long album and needs a proper listen. I enjoyed it a lot and will get back to it for sure. Of course, the best track is “France, qui te veult mal?” (France, who loves you badly?)
24. Numenorean – Adore (released April 12, 2019)
Does this even need a description?
This is the kind of black metal I appreciate every day of my life. Fast-paced, furious black metal with an awesome cover art. Favourite track: Ashura.
This is one of the very few non-metal releases on this list. Mohsen Namjoo is back with his traditional Persian style of music and I love every second of it. “Sharab-E Chashman” is simply the best track I’ve heard in 2019.
Underground French black metal. Deserves a couple spins. The album is split into six chapters with no fillers. Just as it should be! First and second tracks are amazing.
I’ve been a fan of Chrome Waves since their self-titled 2012 album (especially the track Height of the Rifles). The new album has a different feeling to it, though. It talks about the story of losing a loved one and the lyrics are pretty depressing. Read this story told by James Benson in details here.
Another excellent French black metal record. I love this album and have been listening to in on repeat. Tracks 2 and 4 are equally amazing and definitely not the only good tracks on the album. Here is “La Nostalgie de l’Être”:
The last track is incredibly good. This is black metal from the deepest valleys of hell. Here is “Treacherous Ways”:
Blackened death metal from Poland. These guys are far better than Behemoth in any possible aspect. I had the chance to see them live once and they slayed it. Here is “Sovereign Sanctity”:
36. Pestis Infero – Beyond The Veil of Light (released June 23, 2019)
Black fucking metal. Got a review to write for these guys. Listen to “Invoking the Sigil”:
37. Posthum – Like Wildfire (released April 12th, 2019)
Norwegian black metal with a unique sound and style. Listening to this album was an amazing experience. I remember I listened to each track several times, my favourites being “Like Wildfire” and “The Star Extinguisher”.
38. Nordjevel – Necrogenesis (released March 29, 2019)If you’re scrolling this list then there is a good chance you know Nordjevel. Classic.
39. Myrath – Shehili (released May 12, 2019)Myrath is an Eastern progressive metal band from Tunisia. Although this is not my favourite genre, but the album was sweet and I enjoyed it. I like the Eastern theme and the references they use.
40. Tomhet – Tomhet (released May 5, 2019)
Raw black metal recorded in 2012-2013. Tracks 2 and 3 are suitable for headbanging.